**NEW FEE SCHEDULE EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2018**
Effective July 1, 2018 – All credit/debit card payments for permits/zoning/inspections/facility rentals will incur a 3% service fee.
The Planning Department provides consolidated land use planning and community development programs for Burgaw’s residents. It is our mission to plan for and protect the rights, health, safety, and general welfare of the town through long range planning, enforcement of development-related ordinances, and special projects. Major responsibilities of this department include:
- Administering the guidelines of the Town of Burgaw Unified Development Ordinance (UDO);
- Advising town boards on land development issues;
- Engaging the public in the land use planning and policymaking process;
- Managing development by working with property owners, business owners, and developers to ensure that projects adhere to all town regulations;
- Developing and implementing strategic and long range plans, such as the Burgaw 2030 Comprehensive Land Use Plan;
- Serving as the point-of-contact for citizens and property owners seeking variances to the UDO; applying for permits, text change amendments, or voluntary annexation; and appealing staff planning interpretations;
- Enforcing the town’s zoning and nuisance codes;
- Reviewing subdivision plats; and
- Managing assorted community development projects, such as Burgaw Incubator Kitchen, Burgaw's Healthy for Life wellness initiative, and marketing and branding campaigns.
We are located at 103 N. Walker St., across the parking lot from the Town Administrative Building. Our regular hours are Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, but may be unavailable due to meetings, field inspections, and special projects. We encourage you to call or email to schedule an appointment, especially if you are coming from out of town. You can reach us by calling (910) 663-3450.
Planning Department Staff
Karen Dunn, AICP
Kim Rivenbark, CFM, CZO
Community Development Coordinator